It has been a very long time since the last time I updated this. For this I am sorry!
From now on I will aim to post one journal entry a week, so we can all know what has been happening.
Some recent things for me:
- Last year, I officially started business as Break Free Photography! Working as a sole trader with a home based office, I am looking into renting out a studio space for those rare times I need it.
Business has been slow, and for a while I became very sick, so I could not work. But since recently recovering I am pushing myself forward again, trying to get more jobs and money and doing TFP only when it will definitely help my portfolio.
- On new years day, disaster struck! I lost a lot of gear while taking photos up at arthur's seat. I won't go into the details, but needless to say I probably lost around 1K of gear up there.
Understandably, this has me quite annoyed, but thankfully I didn't lose everything, and I can still do a good shoot with what I have. It will take me a while to replace all of it though.
- I may be getting some work published in a magazine sometime soon, not confirmed, but looking rather likely. I won't spill any details, but needless to say, I am rather excited about this. I'm thinking I should probably attempt to work for a few publications, get work that has a high exposure rate.
- This year I will be writing tutorials at request, so if you have anything you want to learn, let me know and I will do my best to teach!
- On a similar note, I wish to start writing critiques, to learn how to start evaluating photos better, sharpening my eye and all that jazz. If you have any pieces you would like me to critique, please don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you as honest a critique as i am able!
- Throughout this coming year, I am looking at amping up the amount and quality of photography I pump out. If you think you can help me in some way, please let me know, and I hope I am able to help you in return!
- Since my last Journal, I have been collecting photos to feature. Photos that I deem to be on the amazing side of talent. Please take a moment to have a look through!
Well, that is it from me today. I hope to hear from you all soon!
Yours in service,